Create a 23-page internal memo for a risk-management team. Summarize a risk financing issue for a selected organization in the memo.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in a sequence.
Financial risk-management helps reduce the financial impact of risk. It also determines the best approach for handling adverse situations from a financial standpoint. Health care leaders must have a solid understanding of the basics of regulation, government and public risk sharing, and also the era of ACOs.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply a risk-management model or framework to a specific risk-management priority.
- Identify key performance indicators and measures associated with a specific risk-management issue.
- Discuss strategies used to identify risk financing issues in a selected organization.
- Provide recommendations for risk financing options related to an identified financial risk issue.
- Competency 4: Analyze applicable legal and ethical institution-based values as they relate to quality assessment.
- Summarize the legal and ethical financial risk obligations of an accountable care organization.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration.
- Prepare a professional memo summarizing a risk financing issue for a specified organization.