Your textbook describes juvenile delinquency in Salem, Massachusetts during the late 1700s. Analyze the influence of social conditions on youth during this period by addressing the following questions:
- How was society in the 1700s run?
- Who defined deviant behavior?
- How was it defined?
- What were the penalties? What potential impact did these penalties have on youth and society?
- How do the penalties and treatment of youth during this period compare with your understanding of juvenile programs and systems today?
Your well-written, concise paper should meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 pages in length, not including title and reference pages
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Cite a minimum of two scholarly academic peer-reviewed journal articles, books, and textbooks to support your responses that are not provided in the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources.
- Plagirsim should not exceed 20%