We have talked about many different types of supernatural creatures through various lenses throughout the course. There is, however, one supernatural creature we have not yet mentioned. For your final, you will use three or more of the academic approaches we have been utilizing throughout the course to perform an in depth analysis on witches. This is a research paper and you will be expected to write a clear and precise thesis statement and find at least three scholarly sources that support your ideas. Depending on the quality of your sources, it is likely that you will want more than three to support your thesis.
Some ideas you may want to explore are:
- Witches across cultures
- Witches within a specific culture
- Witches across time
- Witches in classic literature
- Witches in film or television
- Witches as depicted in visual art (photography, painting, subculture)
You may propose another supernatural topic that we have not specifically covered, but it must be approved in advance. If you want to research a different topic please email me with your topic suggestion.
This assignments consists of 3 submissions as follows:
- Thesis statement and paper outline (5% of grade, pass/fail) due week 7
- Rough draft (5% of grade, pass/fail) due week 9
- Final draft submission (20% of grade) due Week 11
- Paper should be 6-10 pages long double spaced using 12 point font in either Times New Roman or Calibri
- Formatting should follow MLA formatting guidelines as outlined at Purdue OWL
- You must use at least 3 scholarly sources for your paper (if you have questions on how to determine scholarly sources see the Evaluating Sources library guide)
- All papers should be saved as a .doc, .docx or as a .PDF
- Papers are to be uploaded to Turnitin assignment link.