Choose one of the topics from the list below to compare and contrast:
- Humanism vs. Behaviorism
- Humanism vs. Social Constructivism
- Constructivism vs. Behaviorism
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. Visit the Ashford Writing Center to clarify how to create a strong thesis statement and what it helps you to accomplish. You may also use the Thesis Generator tool.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. For assistance with the critical thinking portion of the written assignment, please see the information included on the Critical Thinking Community website.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. The conclusion typically has two parts: the summary statement (one or two sentences that restate the thesis in a fresh way to reinforce the essay’s main idea) and the clincher (a final thought that creates a lasting impression for the reader).
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, two of which must come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Prior to beginning this assignment, be sure to review the required materials for this week, the articles Revisiting humanism as guiding principle for education: an excursion into Waldorf Pedagogy, The concept of learning in Waldorf Education, and What is experiential learning?, as well as the required articles and text that addressed Constructivism, Social Constructisvism, and Behaviorism in the past week. Also review any relevant Instructor Guidance. This guidance can be very helpful as it may include strategies that support your preferred learning.