Managers must monitor and help improve the performance of employees to meet organizational objectives, goals, and response to unforeseen circumstances such as an increase or decrease in sales demand. A manager will often help improve business processes, including the performance management plan.
Malek is a member of a three-person management team for a small business merging with another organization. Both companies have experienced poor performance from staff, a decline in sales, and low morale. The newly appointed Chief Operations Officer (COO) has asked Malek to create a performance management appraisal system to improve poor performance, issues with decreased sales, and low employee morale.
Although Malek knows the other managers on his team, he is not familiar with how the managers in the other organization have approached performance management. Malek is also unsure about the experiences of his new co-managers with recording performance management and what their attitudes to collecting this kind of data might be.
Putting yourself in the place of Malek, and based upon the information provided in this scenario, address the following:
- What are ways that Malek can ensure alignment from managers in both organizations about data collection for the purposes of performance management?
- How can Malek set goals and reinforce those goals with employees, specifically since individuals are coming together from two organizations?
- What are some potential approaches that Malek could take to ensure that performance appraisals are reliable and consistent across the new organization?
- What are key performance indicators (KPIs), or methods of measurement will you use to track performance?
Ensure to integrate sufficient support from scholarly resources throughout the assignment. Use suitable headings and subheadings to organize the work in an appropriate manner.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing any sources referenced.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-6 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.