Agency-Based Project Report
This Assignment is worth 100 points (25%) of your final grade.
For this assignment, you will create a 2-3 page double spaced typed project report.In order to complete this report, you will be required to go to an agency that does or would employ baccalaureate level social workers.
At this agency, you will gather brochures/ informational handouts and interview staff/ agency employees about the agency. It is important that you document in your report the persons name and title who was interviewed, along with the date and time.Provide a description of the physical environment (lobby/waiting area).The questions you will want to have answered from materials and/ or interview include the following:
1. What is the target population that the agency serves (geographic service area and types of concerns the agency deals with)?
2. What are the demographic characteristics of the population that is served? (Examples include income level, education level, gender, age, ethnicity, language, family status/ marital status, immigration status, sexual orientation, etc.).
3. What specific services does the agency offer? Who in the agency delivers what services?
4. How is client eligibility determined (who can receive services, who is excluded from receiving services, the determination process)?
5. What are the professional social work roles used at the agency, e.g. facilitator, broker, advocate, etc.?
6. What is the educational preparation and salary range for work at the agency?
7. Where does this agency receive funding from? For example, reimbursement from clients, insurance, grants, state/ federal funding, etc.
8. Your personal reflections upon visiting this agency. Also include how you believe that social work ethics and values may or may not be upheld at this agency.