View the Human Sexuality Case Studies: Understanding Sexuality in Ourselves and in Our Relationships (attached below). Each case study is related in some way to the material covered in the unit readings and materials. Read each case study and select one on which to base a research paper. Try to choose the case study that you can do the best job of relating to the criteria given below. Do not restate the case study within your paper. You should only identify and refer to the selected case study as needed to illustrate your points.
Using your selected case study, write a 34-page paper that accomplishes the following. You may wish to use the APA Paper Template provided in the Resources to write your paper.
- Identify and describe the concept(s) and the general perspective or approach to human sexuality that the concept falls under (such as gender theories, instinct theory, psychodynamic, or developmental), using correct terminology from the course. If the concept or perspective is closely associated with the writings of a particular theorist (such as Freud, Kinsey, Masters and Johnson, and so on), then provide that information. Explain how the concept fits the case study.
- Select a minimum of two scholarly sources that support your explanation of how the concept fits the case study. Connect what you have learned in your research by integrating and combining information from your source articles with the case study.
- Examine and explain how ethical standards guide professional behavior as it relates to the issues and concepts identified in the selected human sexuality case study. You must state the specific ethical standard that relates to the topic or issue highlighted in the case study and explain how this ethical standard guides professional behavior.
Your paper should follow a logical structure and be evidence-based. Use the MEAL plan to help guide the organization of your paper:
- Main Idea: Present the main point/idea that you are making about your chosen concept related to sexuality and relationships.
- Evidence: What does the research say? Support your statements with evidence from the literature.
- Application: Summarize the main ideas from articles related to your chosen case study. Apply concepts that relate directly or indirectly to your main point. Make explicit links between source articles and your paper.
- Link: Integrate and combine information from your source articles with your main point/idea.
Conduct independent research for resources and references to support your paper. Provide a reference list and in-text citations for all of your resources, in APA format. You may cite texts and authors from the unit readings, as well as any additional reputable resources you find on your own.
You are urged to use Capella University’s Writing Center, a resource to help you develop clear and effective writing. You will be able to receive feedback on your writing, use writing resources, discover new writing strategies, and explore different ways to draft, revise, edit, and proofread your own work.
Review the Understanding Sexuality Scoring Guide to learn the grading criteria for this assignment.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: The research paper should be 34 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double spaced. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of Resources: Use a minimum of two scholarly resources.