Note that we are continuing with our scenario from Week One. This week you travel to the Roto Air plant in Florida to hold the project kick-off meeting.
In preparation for the meeting:
- Identify at least three categories of stakeholders that should be invited.
- Remembering that interested parties are in both New York and Florida:
- Select three methods of communicating with the attendees.
- Describe the best method of holding the meeting that also limits travel costs.
- Describe at least three team building exercises that could be used during the meeting.
- Before leaving the office, Shawn mentions that her husband is employed as a sales representative by the manufacturer of one of the needed machines.
- After reviewing the Project Management Institutes (PMI) Code of Conduct, specify which potential violation exists.
- As the team leader, describe how you expect Shawn to proceed regarding this issue.
- Explain what action you would recommend to Shawns husband.
Your paper must be 900 to 1200 words in length (not including title and reference pages) and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. Contextual (Level One) headings must be used to organize your paper and your thoughts. You must cite at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford Online Library in addition to the textbook.
Here is th
You are a project manager for Roto Air, Inc., a successful manufacturer of autonomous rotorcraft (drone helicopters) headed by CEO Jackie Copperfield. You work at the research and development facility in central New York and have been given the assignment of transitioning the manufacturing processes for the newest product, the Quick Drop 100, to its permanent manufacturing site in central Florida. The Florida plant is non-union, has lower property taxes, and lower utility costs than the New York location. You will be sharing an existing building owned by Roto Air and used for assembly of other similar products. While floor space has been allocated for your product, the specialized machinery and tools must be procured. One of these machines is to be custom built and has a lead time of 5 months. Normal support functions such as human resources, facility maintenance, and manufacturing engineering are already available in Florida. A manual with the product assembly instructions and specifications is needed for training the new manufacturing technicians and will remain your responsibility to complete. An appropriate budget of $1M has been approved for first year transition costs. Annual savings from the move are expected to be $250,000 per year. The budget is controlled by John Golden, plant manager in Florida. Manufacturing is scheduled to start in the new location six months from today. You have a well-qualified team of four other employees that are free to travel as needed from their New York home to Florida. Although the team members have worked on many projects, they have not worked together before. Team members are Jackie, Ken, Jose, and Shawn. Upon successful transition you will return to your responsibilities in New York.
e scenario :