Nature vs. Nurture
Psychologists have long debated whether nature (the effects of genetics) or nurture (the effects of environment) plays a bigger role in the development of a human personality. The major question remains: which has a greater effect on one’s personality, nature or nurture?
In a well-developed essay, present your stance on this issue. Use evidence from research to defend your position.
As you write, remember your essay will be scored based on how well you:
- develop a multi-paragraph response to the assigned topic that clearly communicates your thesis to the audience.
- support your thesis with meaningful examples, information, and references for the text.
- address the readers’ concerns, opposing viewpoints, or counterarguments.
- organize your essay in a clear and logical manner, including an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- use well-structured sentences and language that are appropriate for your audience.
- edit your work to conform to the conventions of standard American English.