Please feel free to ask me for more information regarding this (strategic plan) paper.
I am currently in my final year towards my BSN. I aspire to be a pediatric nurse or a midwife. This is just to give you some idea about my future plans, thanks.
Personal strategic plan and career path/ vision for your future: (10 pts)
- Identify your basic underlying core values and beliefs or principles
- Determine your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Map out your career goals project your title, salary, and responsibilities along the following time line:
- If I could be what I want according to the following timeline what would it be?
1 year from now
NB: Please this is a discussion
Please select one of the following questions below to respond to and be sure that everyone answers the last question.
1. Identify factors that determine whether performance appraisals develop and motivate staff or discourage and demotivate staff. Identify biases that influence an individuals’ ability to do a fair and objective performance appraisal. Identify what conditions should be present, before, during and after the performance appraisal that will increase the likelihood of a positive outcome. What experiences have you had with performance appraisals. Evaluate your personal experience with performance appraisals based on your readings. Were they successful in motivating you, why or why not.
2. Differentiate between constructive and destructive criticism. Describe the usual steps in progressive discipline. Differentiate between employees who could benefit form progressive discipline for failure to follow established rules or to meet organizational goals and those employees who need active coaching, support, and professional counseling as a result of impairment from disease, degree of ability, or energy. Discuss strategies to assist marginal employees in becoming productive members of the workforce.
3. Describe the role of organizations such as the Joint Commission (JC), ANA, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in establishing standards of practice in the health care industry. Discuss quality control and identify the tools and processes utilized by health care organizations to ensure standards are met. What quality improvement processes are in place within your organization. What role have you played in quality control? Who should be involved in the QI process. How has benchmarking, outcomes based quality indicators (OBQI), nursing home case mix, report card practices, and public reporting practices changed consumer awareness of standards and measures. What role if any do you think these play in the consumers’ selection of health care services.
Everyone, please respond to the following question.
1. Discuss the chemically impaired nurse/health care professional. Identify behaviors and actions that may signify chemical impairment in an employee or colleague. What risk factors result in an increased risk for chemical addiction in the nursing profession. What are your personal feelings/ experiences regarding the chemically impaired nurse/health care professional. How would your personal feelings affect your ability as a manager to address a chemically impaired employee.
Have a great final week!