As we have studied during this week, transformational leaders encourage their employees to share ideas. This type of leader motivates employees and seeks collaboration to achieve goals. They take the time to listen to employees and evaluate ideas. Open communication, cooperation, and risk-taking are characteristics that often describe transformational leaders.
When COVID-19 began, Salam, the general manager of XYZs chain restaurant, conducted a meeting with all employees. During the meeting, Salam shared COVID-19 related information and expressed the critical importance of customer safety.
As a transformational leader, Salam wanted to involve all employees in the decision-making process to determine if masks and gloves should be used by employees, the number of customers to be served inside the restaurant at one period of time, how sanitation efforts could be encouraged, and more. Since the transformational leadership approach was used, the process of determining what was best for the organization took countless meetings and over one month to agree upon. While waiting to make a final decision, employees became ill with COVID-19 and the restaurant needed to close for longer than anticipated.
Thinking about the case presented above:
1. Determine if the transformational leadership style was the best approach to use.
2. Explain what leadership approach you would have used if you were in Salams position (i.e., transactional leadership, charismatic leadership, or transformational leadership).
3. Explain the advantages and disadvantages with using the transactional leadership approach as compared to the transformational leadership approach.
4. If you were Salam, what would you have done differently and why.
Well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 5-6 pages in length (double-spaced) related and well explained to all questions (first introduction, then each question has its own headline, last conclusion).
- Required minimum pages does not include the paper outline, title, and reference pages, and which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Editing after completing is required once needed (after instructor review feedback).
- Use University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines and double spacing.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three (03) current, scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Current articles are those published within the last five years.
- Assignment will be checked in Turnitin Originality Check Tool prior to submitting to instructor. Be unique with quality work. ?
- Review the attached grading rubric to see how the grading will be for this assignment.
P.S. this is a (4) marks assignment, so please put my budget limit under consideration ? Thank you.