- Competency 1: Articulate how the rules of criminal procedure apply to a criminal justice practitioner.
- Propose two additional exceptions to the exclusionary rule.
- Explore how the additional proposed exceptions would aid law enforcement in investigating cases while still maintaining professionalism.
- Competency 4: Specify how the procedural rules apply to the admission of evidence in criminal cases.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of exceptions to the exclusionary rule.
- Identify an exception to the exclusionary rule that preserves the integrity of the judicial system and explain why.
- Evidence obtained in violation of the 4th Amendment cannot be used at trial. The primary purpose of the exclusionary rule is to deter police misconduct. However, there are a number of exceptions to the exclusionary rule that allow evidence that is seized without a warrant to be introduced at trial. These include the good faith exception, the inevitable discovery exception, the purged taint exception, and the independent source exception.
Create a 1 page essay in APA format following the instructions above. Use 2 scholarly sources. Be sure to utilize in-text citations.