Hello you did this first part of the power point. The instructor stated it needed to have a word doc report as well . I missed that too…
I’m attaching the powerpoint you did for your review.
Analyze labor statistics from different countries in order make a recommendation for an overseas manufacturing site for a selected organization. Then, prepare an 810-slide PowerPoint presentation to present your findings to decisions makers and members of the management team.
HR professionals are often called upon to present recommendations to corporate management and other stakeholders for increasing an organization’s effectiveness. The ability to create a succinct and comprehensive presentation is a valuable skill to possess.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply human resource strategies to business needs.
- Compare data to recommend options to organizational management.
- Use human resource strategies to resolve business needs.
- Competency 2: Prepare appropriate communication to facilitate management decision-making.
- Prepare professional proposal and presentation for organizational management consideration.
- Develop recommendations to facilitate management decision-making.
- Competency 4: Appreciate the strategic value of HRM within a competitive global business environment.
- Analyze how an overseas labor solution meets organizational needs.
More and more organizations are being impacted by the global environment. This can often mean utilizing human resources internationally. International human resources can assume several forms including using local residents as employees, or sending employees to other countries as expatriates. A variety of factors impact global human resources including culture, economic environment, and political environment. This can also mean that all human resource functions need to be examined and modified to accommodate an international workforce.
- To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.SHOW LESS
- What information would be critical to know about a country before setting up an overseas operation?
- How would the structure of HR functions change in an overseas location?
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Lundby, K. M., & Jolton, J. (2010). Going global: Practical applications and recommendations for HR and OD professionals in the global workplace. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Mutsuddi, I. (2012). Managing human resources in the global context. Daryaganj, India: New Age International.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BUS-FP3040 Fundamentals of Human Resource Management Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Noe, R. A., Hollenbeck, J. R., Gerhart, B., & Wright, P. M. (2018). Fundamentals of human resource management (7th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
Select a company that has a manufacturing component to use as the basis for your analysis. You will be performing research to make a recommendation for an overseas manufacturing site for your chosen organization. If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.The International Labour Organization (ILO) is an agency of the United Nations that creates and promotes international labor standards. The ILO convenes representatives of governments, employers, and workers to form international policies and programs promoting human rights and decent work for all. The ILO maintains an online database of international labor statistics. To use the database to prepare for this assessment, navigate the ILO, linked in the Resources, to complete the following:
- Under Statistics and Databases, click ILOSTAT-ILO database of labour statistics.
- Click on Country Profiles and select three countries of interest.
- Review the data presented for each of the selected countries.
- Create a table comparing the most recent data available for each of the selected countries.
- Examples of relevant data could include monthly earnings, labor force, employment/unemployment rates, working time, et cetera. This data is a starting point for your research, but do no feel limited to this site. You are welcome to conduct additional research as you see fit on additional topics such as corporate tax incentives, education rates, economic status, competition for labor, or the number of exiting manufacturing facilities in the area.
- It will be helpful for your recommendation to compare the data from the three selected countries to U.S. data.
- Incorporate your prepared tables of comparison into the assessment.
Based on your research of international labor statistics and the organization you selected, complete the following:
- Write a research paper that includes the following components:
- Briefly compare the data for the three countries you selected.
- Determine which country you would recommend for further investigation as a potential overseas manufacturing site for your selected company.
- Explain why you selected this country.
- Identify the types of additional information needed to make a final decision.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that represents your findings from your analyses. Be sure to follow the formatting instructions listed below.
- Your submitted assessment should include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
- Be sure you support your analyses with references to at least two resources.
- You should format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics.
- There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.
- Audience: Decision makers and members of management of your chosen organization.
- Length: 810 slides.
- Resources: Use APA guidelines in your PowerPoint presentation to cite and reference your sources. If you use a source in the text of a slide, you need to reference it on the slide. The last slide of your presentation should be your reference list.
- Elements: Introduction, Recommendations, Conclusion.
- Complexity: Do not get hung up on adding graphics, audio, or video. This should be a summary of findings and recommendations that highlights the key points of the information you gathered for your analyses.
- Must be according to the distinguished column in doc that is attached