Write a 750-1,000-word paper discussing codes of practice and ethical issues that must be considered when using psychological assessments. Address the following in your paper:
- A description of at least three ethical issues including multicultural and diversity issues
- Implications of each ethical issue
- Ways to avoid the ethical issues in psychological assessments
- A discussion of how a clinician assesses behaviors that stem from cultures or subcultures
- A discussion of how a clients academic/education, career, personal, and social development impacts assessment choice
Include a discussion of how these ethical issues are addressed in “Section E: Evaluation, Assessment, and Interpretation” from the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics located at: http://www.counseling.org/Resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf.
Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper. Textbook: Psychological Testing and Assessment: An Introduction to Tests and Measurement. Review Chapter 2 in Psychological Testing and Assessment. http://gcumedia.com/digital-resources/mcgraw-hill/2012/psychological-testing-and-assessment_an-introduction-to-tests-and-measurement_ebook_8e.php
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.7.i. Use of assessments relevant to academic/educational, career, personal, and social development.
2.F.7.m. Ethical and culturally relevant strategies for selecting, administering, and interpreting assessment and test results.