Select one of the different conflict-resolution methods described in the Learning Resources for the first 4 weeks and use it in a real conflict situation.
Conflict-resolutions methods are
The Circle of Conflict
The Triangle of Satisfaction
The Boundary Model
Interests, Rights and Power
The Dynamics of Trust
The Dimensions of Conflict
The Social Style Model
Moving Beyond the Conflict
For your Week 4 application:
1. Describe the situation, in full.
2. State the model used and define the model.
3. Explain how you used the model, and how you feel it helped you through the conflict. Provide the outcome of the conflict.
4. Describe what lessons were learned. In hindsight, do you still think this model was the best choice for the situations?
5. Where could you make improvements?
6. What questions might you have for a mediator about how you resolved this conflict?
Write a 2-3 page paper, utilizing at least 3 course references (including the course Toolkit textbook).
As per APA, you can use the first person while describing your conflict.
Furlong, G. T. (2005). The conflict resolution toolbox: Models and maps for analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving conflict.