Purpose of Assignment
The Individual Assignment takes students through multiple studies that research opposing ends of the spectrum: qualitative vs. quantitative, descriptive vs. inferential. It gives students the chance to look at the strengths and weaknesses of each. Each of the designs and methods have different purposes and areas in which they are more suited and students will have this opportunity to see how they fit into different industries and purposes.
Locate two research studies: one in which the business problem is researched using a qualitative design and the other using a quantitative design. These should be in an industry you are currently working in or are interested in working.
Develop a 1,400-word analysis of the research and include the following:
- Summarize each of the research studies briefly.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each design approach.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each sampling approach.
- Identify the specific situations in which you might choose each of the data collection instruments.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of statistical analysis use to describe the data.
- Discuss whether the identified sampling method and data collection approach are appropriate for your own business, industry, or functional area.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources not including your textbook.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.