Do the example data meet the assumptions for the paired samples t -test? Provide a rationale for your answer.
2. If calculating by hand, draw the frequency distributions of the two variables. What are the shapes of the distributions? If using SPSS, what are the results of the Shapiro-Wilk tests of normality for the two variables?
3. What are the means for the baseline and posttreatment affective distress scores, respectively? 4. What is the paired samples t -test value?
5. Is the t -test significant at a = 0.05? Specify how you arrived at your answer.
6. If using SPSS, what is the exact likelihood of obtaining a t- test value at least as extreme as or as close to the one that was actually observed, assuming that the null hypothesis is true?
7. On average, did the affective distress scores improve or deteriorate over time? Provide a rationale for your answer.
8. Write your interpretation of the results as you would in an APA-formatted journal.
9. What do the results indicate regarding the impact of the rehabilitation on emotional distress levels?
10. What are the weaknesses of the design in this example?