Final Project: Prevention and Diversion
Review the scenario below and then create a 1015 slide (excluding the title page) PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
Evaluate prevention and diversion programs used to prevent or deter juvenile delinquency, abuse, and neglect.
You are applying for a position with the juvenile court as a prevention specialist. As part of the interview, the juvenile judge has asked you to put together a 1015 slide PowerPoint evaluating three current prevention and diversion programs used to prevent or deter juvenile delinquency, abuse, and neglect. Use three of the slides to create an outline of a new program that may work based on your evaluations. Your project should provide an analysis of the three programs you will reference. This includes a detailed overview of each program. Be sure to use your notes pages for any lengthy information. Include an overview of the statistics. How successful is the program? This is determined by looking at recidivism or relapse/return rates. Evidence based practice should drive your individual program.
(PLEASE NOTE: This project may require outside research)
- The PowerPoint should contain a title slide and a list of references in APA format.
- All internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA format.
- Your 10-15 slide requirement excludes your introduction and reference slides.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- You may use pictures, charts and graphs to supplement your material as long as they do not take up the entire slide.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
You may consult the Online Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.