Find an example or case study of interest. Your example or case study should focus on an organizational environment that effectively implemented systematic or structural changes, and in so doing became an employee-centered organization. Consider the relationship between organizational design (systems and processes) and organizational change, and analyze how HRM can participate in the processes described.
Using your selected example or case study:
- Introduce the organization, describing the changes that were needed and how HRM was involved in facilitating these changes.
- Evaluate the action steps taken to create an employee-centered environment.
- Assess the challenges and obstacles that existed in attempting to change the systems and structures of an organization.
- Assess the effectiveness of HRM systems and practices implemented to support an employee-centered environment.
- Evaluate how HRM programs or initiatives support a favorable environment for diversity. Provide details on the programs and initiatives that are in place, including how they support a diverse workplace. If existing HRM programs and initiatives do not adequately support workplace diversity, detail how changes to existing programs and initiatives could do more to further efforts toward a favorable environment for diversity.
- Conclude by assessing how much this case aligns with the best practices documented by evidence and scholarly research. Did it follow prescribed and well-known steps, or go in its own direction? Was it more or less effective than other efforts to create employee-centered systems and structures?
- Written communication: Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style.
- Length: 23 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.