use this book for reference
David E. Shi and George Brown Tindall, America: A Narrative History, Vol. 2, 10th ed. (New York: W.W. Norton, 2016) [ISBN: 9780393265958].
An ideal post would be two solid paragraphs (that includes a thesis statement, a body of supporting evidence, and a conclusion that summarizes the main points). The post should be well constructed and free of grammatical errors, and be between 250 and 300 words. You do not need to undertake outside research in order to answer the question; although you may, if you like. It is a wise strategy to create your response as a Word document (that way, you have a copy for yourself). You must cite your sources both in your response and below it (Bibliography), using the Chicago Style citation format. Students who do not cite their work can expect to receive only a minimum grade of 60% for this assignment. It is expected that our textbook by Shi and Tindall will be a source and should likewise be accessed and cited.
Choose one (1) question.
1. What factors motivated America’s new imperialism after the Civil War?
2. What were the consequences of the Spanish-American War (War of 1898) for American foreign policy?
3. What reasons were behind Theodore Roosevelt’s rapid rise to the presidency? What were the main elements of his foreign policies?
4. What were the various motives of progressive reformers?
5. What were the specific goals of progressive reformers? In what ways did they pursue these public goals?
6. Which policies of President Woodrow Wilson were influenced by the progressive movement? How and why did these differ from the policies of Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft?